Friday, March 2, 2012

Homemade chocolate cotton candy!

My finished Chocolate dragons beard cotton candy!


After candy was made this was puck...

I had to heat in the microwave for 10-20 sec slowly to make it soft enough
After two times pulling and dipping in coco, corn powder mixture
LOTS of pulling





Starting to resemble hair


got so thin it was breaking

The recipe I used was
2.5 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Corn syrup
1/2 tsp. Vinegar
1 1/4 C. water
Heat to 260 F or 133 C
Do not stir while boiling

I poured my mixture into six soft cup cake molds so they would pop out easy, but you can use any soft plastic container that you can bend to release the puck.
Here is the link to the video tutorial I used:
http://lifehacker.com/5706253/create-old-fashioned-cotton-candy-right-in-your-kitchen

The pictures are from my third puck, I broke my first 2...
I suggest getting the candy soft enough to be easily pliable but not to melted.  And always dip in powder!!!
Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment